The Friends of the East Kingston Public Library is an all volunteer organization with a five-fold mission:
1. To work in cooperation with both the library director and the library trustees, in support of the library.
2. To maintain an association of persons interested in good library service.
3. To assist in development, promotion, and completion of library services, facilities, and programs.
4. To act as liaison between the community and the library.
5. To increase public awareness and stimulate the use of the library’s resources.
All are welcome to join the Friends as a member, and annual dues are only $15, all of which goes to support the library.
The East Kingston Public Library is not just a library – it’s become our community center! In order to maintain and grow this valuable resource, we need folks like you to renew their membership in the Friends. Member dues and other generous donations allow us to continue offering the many free programs offered at the library, and to purchase items for the library which are not covered by their tax-supported budget. This is especially important during difficult economic times.
To Renew or Sign-Up email the Friends.
The Friends sponsor countless programs for children and adults each year and run the Pound Used Book Shop as well. Volunteers are always needed to help staff the book shop, plan events, organize, and publicize; if you have a little time to spare, please consider giving some of it to the Friends! If you are interested in volunteering at any level, please email the Friends.
The Friends Board of Management meeting will be held in January, April, July and October. Time and place will be announced by email and posted at the library prior to the meetings and are open to all Friends members.